Head of Procurement
Our Client is an international Company operating in the financial industry.
For its Italian branch, we are looking for the
Head of Procurement
Description of the role:
The Head of Procurement will provide Procurement leadership locally across Company’s categories, reporting to Global Procurement Director, with indirect reporting line to the FD in the market in question.
The position will be the main point of contact for the local market and will be responsible for local execution of global/ global-guided procurement processes, and roll-out of global initiatives.
Increasing the spend coverage and delivering goods and services with total cost ownership taken into account while also ensuring compliance with social and environmental requirements as well as to adequately manage risks are key areas of focus.
The position will be managing the commercial and contractual aspects of procurement activity, being involved in shaping the global strategy for the Company sourcing spend, and working closely with stakeholders within the business to ensure a seamless procurement delivery.
The position will lead the local team (2 resourses) and ensure that work is prioritized and that the local business receives the required support.
Responsible for the oversight and execution of procurement processes for Local categories.
Act as part of a network of Subject Matter Experts, and foster the cross-country leverage of local best-practices as well as being responsible to ensure proper supplier management locally (by supporting the local business owners).
Responsible to monitor local spend and come up with initiatives to reduce cost, improve service and otherwise support the business. Ensuring sufficient spend coverage as well as ensuring that the new global way of working for procurement is implemented locally will also be a key task.
- Planning, organizing, and executing Company’s sourcing related Procurement activities with the objective of obtaining best value while balancing commercial and legal risk
- Reduced total cost of ownership for Company sourcing spend by monitoring category spend and driving continuous improvement. Leverage expertise of industry best practices and Procurement process improvements, benchmarking of market competition, as well as internal forecasting capacity
- Ensure to work towards increased spend coverage
- Support creation and improvement of KPIs and reporting
- Act as escalation point on supplier disputes or performance issues
- Support the business to ensure all contracts are input in the internal contract database for ongoing supplier management
- 5+ years of experience working within a corporate procurement environment - ideally with international, global experience of sourcing
- Good sourcing contracts experience (should have a sound basis of contract law to negotiate most aspects of sourcing contracts – with limited legal input)
- Leadership experience or experience as a manager within procurement
- Solid experience from developing and motivating teams and individuals
- Proven relationship builder, including senior stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering/IT and Marketing)
- CIPS certification (or similar)
- English fluent
- Ability to think strategically; excellent project management, facilitation and interpersonal and negotiation skills are required
- Ability to build strategic supplier relationships and full Category Management plan, lead project teams to drive change and work effectively in a matrix environment are essential
- Ability to interface with all levels of management in all regions is critical, as is the ability to coordinate activities with regional teams
We are hiring
- Head of Procurement
- Business Unit Manager Personal Care
- Head of Internal Auditing
- IT Cost Control
- Responsabile Amministrativo
- Plant Manager
- Senior Manager - IT CRM
- Delivery Manager - Business Unit CPG
- Planning & Control Senior Specialist
- Senior Manager - Manufacturing/ Retail
- Client Account (Director) – Consumer Goods Industry
- Client Account & Project Manager
- Senior Account Defence
- Responsabile Sistemi Informativi
- Chief Accountant
- General Manager Italy
- SAP - Digital & Business Applications Lead – Supply Chain
- IT Web & Digital Marketing Business Applications Lead
- Digital & Business Applications Lead – Sales and Customer Services
- Senior Business Development Manager - TINK ITALY
- Senior Sales Manager Personal Care
- HR Consultant / Head Hunter