As the world leader in metal packaging technology, Crown designs and manufactures a wide range of innovative and sustainable metal packaging solutions. Our customers are some of the world’s largest and most-respected companies. Join us and become part of an international team of professionals who are passionate about sustainable packaging.
We are now looking for the Plant Manager, reporting to the Regional Manufacturing Director. The plant works on 24/7 shift patterns.Within the Principal’s policies and instructions, the jobholder should manage efficiently the plant KPIs and the employees who work therein, in line with objectives set by the VP Operations and communicated by the Manufacturing Director, in terms of output, W/C, efficiency, Quality & Customer Satisfaction - ensuring that the highest safety standards are established / maintained. S/he will set an example to all employees ensuring that Crown policies on ethics are understood and respected.
Purpose and responsibilities of this role:
We are seeking a self-motivated leader who can successfully lead our plant Management team of skilled and experienced individuals, ensuring efficient communication between all departments under his/her responsibility. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of manufacturing including casting and implementing directions and action plans towards Excellence in EHS, Quality, Production and Engineering. S/He will lead manufacturing teams to produce quality Product, on-time, in-full, with optimum cost and in a safe environment, while complying with all labour, safety, environmental, plant and Business policies and regulations.
- Ensure that the Plant is runs and managed in a manner that Safety, HR, Environment, Quality, Production, Engineering and Cost Control goals are met.
- Develop and successfully execute plans to deliver all Plant KPI’s: plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations and allocate resources effectively.
- Be a driving force in the Safety culture ensuring that all policies and regulations are followed and continuously improved.
- Lead, mentor, and coach his/her direct reports. Build and maintain a trusting relationship with employees; communicate and regularly feedback about performance expectations.
- Prepare budgets, RFCs and monitor and explain any plant cost variances.
- Industrial or Mechanical Engineer, with a BS degree in Mechanical degree minimum
- Previous working experience (7 to 10 years) as a Plant Manager or as a Production Manager in the Metal Packaging Industry or in the FMCG industry preferred
- In-depth knowledge of business and management principles (ie budgeting, cost control)
- Previous experience in implementing and using continuous improvement tools such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement is a plus. Knowledge of food safely and other management systems an advantage.
- A natural leader with strong data analytical skills, but still able to “roll their sleeves up” when required, with decision-making skills and a proactive problem solver approach
- A safety mind-set and a Continuous Improvement Culture
- Outstanding communication, with robust interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, develop and motivate people
- Flexibility and adaptation to changes
- Fluent in English and excellent communication skills across all levels of the business
Working location: Parma
Tipo di impiego
- Client Director Defence
- HR Manager/ HR Senior Business Partner – Culture & Change Management
- R-STUDIO Investment Analyst
- Direttore Industriale – Operation Director
- Data Governance Senior Analyst
- Manager, IT Security & Compliance
- Client Manager - FSI
- Senior Business Development Manager – Payments Sales - TINK ITALY
- Head of Procurement
- Head of Internal Auditing
- IT Cost Control
- Plant Manager
- Senior Manager - IT CRM
- Delivery Manager - Business Unit CPG
- Senior Manager - Manufacturing/ Retail
- Client Account (Director) – Consumer Goods Industry
- Client Account & Project Manager
- General Manager Italy - Fintech
- Senior Business Development Manager - TINK ITALY
- HR Consultant / Head Hunter